Tuesday 6 April 2010

Quack Quack

If a situation presents itself you've got to at least give it a go.
This is what I thought when a pair of Mallard started coming to my pond last week, at least twice daily. They looked as if they'd made it 'home'. So my whoosh was reassembled and a bit of duck food put out for good measure. At first they were a bit cautious but they soon got used to seeing the whoosh set.
Well on Sunday, I eventually managed to get the Female and today I got the Male.
For my efforts it left me with a present all down my jumper! but never mind eh, it'll wash.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. Greetings: I am a Spanish bander my name is Fernando Gavilan. I'm getting in touch with groups of European banders to request information in order to show age in individuals of the species prunella modularis (Dunnock).
    I have observed in many cases a diagnosis data to ensure the age of the species by the shape and color flow below coverts of the tail.
    Here in southern Spain this bird visits us only in winter so I can not take pictures to prove this thesis.
    I would ask the ring from his group that if they could, send me pictures of young individuals and adults, all this information would help us to date with more security for all European banders on this species.
    Thank you in advance and I greet you this information carefully.
    Sincerely: Fernando Gavilan Zamalla EBD Group
    Mail: silviaatricapilla@gmail.com
    http://birdringal-andalus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete